Thursday, April 26, 2012

Taxol...

I'm not a complainer. I handle pain well, very well.  But for the sake of getting this down on record; for the sake of possibly helping someone who may someday in the same situation; I won't sugar coat this.

I hurt. I more than hurt, I ache a deep ache I've never felt before. I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  My legs are throbbing and I can't stand up straight. My fingernails feel like they are falling out.  My toes feel like they've been burned in a fire and are raw. I can't open a can of soda without excruciating pain. I can barely walk up the stairs without wanting to crawl up them on all fours. 

All from a drug called Taxol.  I, of course, haven't suffered any physical abuse, just internal.  It's tricking my nerves into feeling these things, and I can't make it stop.

2 comments:

  1. Hugs and prayers from far away. I can't imagine how this is for you. I have a BRCA 1 diagnosis, which is how I found your blog. I admire your courage and spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following my journey! Let me know if you ever have any questions!

    ReplyDelete