Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Half way there and a possible "lump" in the road...

AC treatment is down, no more red devil, that's good news!

Started Taxol regimen today. Doing it every other week, for 3 hours. Nausea shouldn't be as bad, but neuropathy is a big problem with this chemotherapy drug. Neuropathy is basically the dying off of your nerves in your fingers and toes. Pretty big deal, if it should occur. So, I'll be watching that closely and hoping for the best. Overall, I handled the first half of chemo really well, so I have high hopes for this second part. I only threw up once last week!

Now on to some worrisome news. I felt a lump in the tissue left on my right breast. That's the breast that had the cancer. As you might know by now, I had a skin sparing mastectomy, so as to make reconstruction easier and less Frankenstein-ish lol Although I wanted a complete removal of all tissue and skin, the surgeon made the last minute call and I woke up with lots of skin left. That fact also increases my risk for recurrence in the breast. SO, upon feeling this new lump, I decided to tell the oncologist and see what he thought.

He felt it, and decided it was cause for concern. BUT, it's good to remember that the odds of cancer being able to grow while on the type of chemo I was doing, is very rare. Again, BUT as we also know, Triple Negative Cancer doesn't follow rules. Everyone's is different. Everyone's is also very aggressive. So I see my surgeon in a few days, hopefully it's nothing and we can move on. Praying for the best, but accepting whatever comes my way.

Lots of thank you's for my readers/friends/family... You help me stay positive and happy through all this... sometimes, when my minds blank, I sit and wonder how I'm getting through it all... On paper/blog it seems like so much came crashing down in a short period of time. Perhaps I should be crashing down too? lol but that's not me, I truly feel blessed and happy to be living my life. Sure, I wish my sister and mom were here... Sure, it would have been cool to have not gotten cancer...But God's given me this for a reason, and I feel confident that if He decides He needs me in Heaven, then He will take me, and I will rejoice in my family reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment