Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Whole30: Day 1

So as you might have guessed from the title, I'm doing the Whole30. The Whole30 is a food program that's designed to restart your system. Protein is good. Starch is not. Veggies are good. Sugar is not. Etc Etc. Common sense, right? You'd think so... But as I've discovered, and as I already knew from the growing size of my stomach and butt... I needed help with my food choices.

I've spent the last several years making excuses.  "I'm focussing on my sister." "I'm grieving my sister." "I have cancer." "I'll lose weight on chemo anyway." "I can't exercise, I'm sick." and so on and so on and so on.

Well, the exercise thing is true as of right now... I have an infected foot. It's been infected for a month now. Before that it was a kidney infection. Before that it was a staph infection from my hysterectomy. So fine! I'm on limited movement for the past month, that doesn't mean I have to be depressed and eat crap all day long!

Yes, I'm an emotional eater. No, knowing that does not solve the problem. Yes, I know how to lose weight. Yes, I've been on a very successful program of dieting and exercising in the past, I'm not an idiot who thinks McDonald's isn't all that bad.

So what I know, I can't unknow... got it?

Day 1

Breakfast: Kale, strawberry, banana and carrot juice smoothie
Lunch: Grilled chicken and a whole cucumber
Dinner: Turkey burger, egg, salsa, half avocado and side salad
Snacks: Half bottle of coconut water and palm full of macadamia nuts

So far, I'm feeling full and satisfied. End of day, I got a bad headache. Sugar withdrawal? We shall see tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment