Sunday, June 30, 2013

Whole 30: Day 5 and 6

So I was too tired to blog my day last night... We didn't get home until  midnight! We had the best game night with some awesome friends of ours, playing Battle of the Sexes. As, I'm sure you can guess, the ladies won =)

Today was grocery day. We focused on meats, as we still have quite a bit fresh veggies from last weekends haul. We visited Whole Foods and bought about a 150$ in meats. Actually, not too bad, considering it's for the whole week!

I've only made a menu in my head, but not on paper. Let's hope that works for me lol

So yesterday, Day 5, went as follows:

Breakfast: Larabar
Lunch: salad with lettuce, spinach, cucumber, avo, and chicken.
Dinner: Shrimp cocktail, minus the cocktail (substituted our own avo, mayo, hot sauce, lemon juice dip), lots of veggies and fruits (had food to pick on during game night)

Today, Day 6:

Breakfast: 2.5 eggs scrambled with prosciutto, kale and onion
Lunch: Built our own salad at Whole foods with a side of kalua pig and cabbage (was totally stoked to see they had a whole 30 compliant hot entree!)
Dinner: Steak night! with asparagus, shitake mushrooms and onions

Overall, we are both feeling great! Brad is having a harder time then I am, though. He works out twice a day, usually, and he's finding that it's hard to keep his energy up with the carbs. We are gonna try to incorporate more sweet potato for his this week. I don't eat it, just don't like the taste, but he loves it. So maybe twice this week, I will roast him some. Hoping that helps!

I do get a little headache in the afternoon. Not as bad as it was the first couple days, though. I'm guessing my body isn't hating me AS MUCH for the less caffeine and sugar. I'm thinking they will go away by this next week =)

Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment