Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Whole 30: One week down!

Yay! We've made it a week! AMAZED! O.O

What's changed so far? Headache was only slight tonight, not bothersome at all and gone before I knew it. My body is getting off the sugar =) Sleep is coming at a more reasonable time, which is like, midnight. Before, I never slept before 1 am. I'm not napping like I used to, with that lull in the middle of the day. Energy throughout is more consistant. It hasn't been this way since cancer!

I'm also drinking way more water. My body is CRAVING it. Not sure if that's normal? But I know water is good for me, so I'll take it.

Although I cook A LOT, the work load hasn't been too bad. Brad's taken on the task of daily dishes. YAY! So I handle food; he handles clean up. And oh my, is there a LOT of clean up! I've never had so many dirty dishes a day in my life!

Quality time together is a HUGE change that I didn't expect. Every night after dinner, we are in the kitchen for almost an hour together, while I cook the meals for his breakfast and lunch the next day, and he does the daily cleanup. We talk about our days, about funny YouTube videos we saw, about cash, about our good food, about what the weekend holds, etc etc. Prior to this, we actually had to plan meeting time several days a week in order to communicate! Sounds crazy, I know, but with our lives so busy and focused around Cash, him and I rarely just talked about... stuff!

So with that, I leave you with the meals for the day:

Breakfast: Egg over pork sausage and hot sauce
Lunch: Salad and grilled chicken at Charlies, brought own dressing
Dinner: beef stew with carrots, zucchini, onion and tomato, on top of cauliflower rice
Snack: pineapple and tea

No comments:

Post a Comment