Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Whole 30: Day 15... And Al Anon

Once again I found myself cooking a noncompliant meal for someone else... It's so frustrating! lol Why can't everyone be on the Whole 30 with me?! Darn these noncompliant eaters!

I felt like a rebel today. I didn't eat breakfast, and tried very hard not to eat lunch... Why?? I simply didn't wanna eat healthy food, so I wasn't going to eat at all. That lasted until about 1pm... At which point my son made me stop for something to eat, and of course, being the rebel I am, I didn't bring along anything to eat.

Don't worry, I made due at the food court, barely.

Then home it was, to cook yummy baked spaghetti and cheesy garlic bread for a couple who just had their first baby (the frg set up a meal train to ease them into their new life). I cooked that and silently cried as I chopped onion and cabbage for our own meal.

After dinner, I headed to an Al Anon meeting. I would tell you about it, but I'm sworn to secrecy. What happens in Al Anon, stays in Al Anon.

All joking aside though, I really needed that meeting. The family members of alcoholics are addicts too.
We are addicted to giving everything. We are addicted to being at the beck and call of our addicted loved ones. When I was a little girl, my mama first took me to Al Anon. I think it was because she didn't want me to grow up to be like her. She gave herself, 110%, to my dad and brother. She left nothing for herself. She wanted me to learn a different way. So far, I've done nothing but follow her footsteps, because in my eyes, she did what was right. But right by whom? By the ones who continue to hurt and take. I'm going to change that.

AD-DICT
noun
1.
a person who is addicted to an activity, habit, or substance








No comments:

Post a Comment